During Sustainability Week 2019, we held two collaborative zero-waste beauty workshops with KCL Beauty Soc. Students got the chance to make their own zero-waste body scrub using used King’s Food coffee grounds, peppermint toothpaste and lip scrubs.
The recipes to each of these below, so you can make these at home too.
Coffee Body Scrub
- 1 Cup coffee grounds
- 1 Cup sugar
- 1/2 Cup fair trade coconut oil
- Peppermint Oil (optional, add as many drops as you like)
- Soften or melt the coconut oil (coconut oil has melting point of 24 °C)
- Mix all ingredients together well and store in a re-usable, airtight container or mason jar.
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 3/4 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 2 drops of lemon oil