- Director of Sustainability
- Kat manages the sustainability operation at King’s, and has worked hard to assemble the team below. She held the same position at the University of Greenwich until 2013, helping the university achieve first place in People & Planet’s Green League.
- Sustainability Manager (Operations)
- Nicola’s main responsibility is ensuring King’s continues to be accredited with ISO14001, but she is also involved in the many and varied aspects of environmental operations at King’s. Prior to joining the team, Nicola worked at Goldsmiths, University of London, the EAUC and the University of Limerick – improving the environmental performance of each of these institutions.
- Sustainability Officer
- Maria works on the Climate Action Network, sustainability data and reporting, as well as projects around biodiversity and Fairtrade. She graduated from the Department of Geography at King’s in 2015, and completed an MSc at LSE before joining the Sustainability Team in September 2016.
- Sustainability Officer
- Ali joined the Sustainability Team in October 2018 after completing her BA in Geography at King’s. During her degree, she supported the University of London’s Reduce the Juice programme, developed an initiative to introduce vegan meals in University of London halls, and supported King’s Food in submitting their first Sustainable Restaurant Association rating.
- Her main focus is around engagement, organising events (such as Sustainability Month), supporting the 500+ staff in the Sustainability Champions programme and students across the university on various projects – including the Sustainable Living Communities. She also manages the Sustainability Engagement Assistants (SEAs) who work on communications for King’s Sustainability Team.
- Waste to Resource Project Coordinator
- Josh is managing the Waste to Resources project which aims to increase the university’s non hazardous waste recycling rate to 70%, and increase reuse in bulky waste such as furniture. Josh worked in the Strand campus operations team here at King’s before.
- Energy Manager
- Julie manages King’s energy, which includes both paying the bills to keep the lights on and encouraging staff and students to turn them back off again. She is continually searching for energy saving opportunities to reduce King’s emissions and overall environmental impact.
- Energy Management Coordinator
- Angeliki joined King’s in December 2019, after completing her MA in Corporate Sustainability in Radboud University. She supports Julie as part of the energy team and is responsible for energy data analysis and reporting.
Environmental Sustainability is part of the definition of “Serve” within the Service Strategy, and therefore the Sustainability team works closely with the Service team. You can read about the Service Strategy, led by Professor Jonathan Grant, Vice-President/Vice-Principal (Service), here, and follow the Service team on Twitter.