The most important aspect of sustainability at a university is student and staff involvement. At King’s, there are a wide array of events and initiatives to get involved with that both help King’s become a more sustainable institution and help to foster a more sustainable society through the variety of skills and experiences available.
- Join the Sustainability team as a Sustainability Volunteer! This allows you to log your hours and work towards your KCLSU Volunteering Award.
- Already in a society? Contact Sustainability and let us know how we can help you! You can found your own society as well.
- Interested in Ethical Food and Fairtrade Steering Group. Get in touch and become part of the steering group at King’s.
- Interested in learning more about sustainability? Attend one of our Sustainability Forums!
- Keep track of sustainability events here.
- Have other ideas? Please let us know!
- There are a variety of sustainability-related courses and modules available at King’s, a sample of which you can find here.
- Interested in sustainability research? Why not tailor your dissertation towards sustainable themes? Get in touch with us if you have questions or ideas.
- The Sustainability team offers internships to King’s students and graduates. These offer skills learning and work experience in a growing field. There are no current openings, but keep up to date on this blog or through our newsletter.
- The Environmental and Ethical Careers Conference is an annual event running in March which will offer an opportunity to learn more about career options with sustainability.
- Become a staff Sustainability Champion to help embed sustainability within your department, office or laboratory. Students are also welcome to be involved with the programme, which could include gaining auditing experience.
- Passionate about growing food and fostering community? Help out with the Urban Gardens Project.
- Enjoy writing? Do you have a story to share or a topic to discuss? Write contributions for this blog!