The most important aspect of sustainability at a university is student and staff involvement. At King’s, there are a wide array of events and initiatives to get involved with that both help King’s become a more sustainable institution and help to foster a more sustainable society through the variety of skills and experiences available.
- Join the Sustainability team as a Sustainability Volunteer! This allows you to log your hours and work towards your KCLSU Volunteering Award.
- Become a member of the Climate Action Network to help shape our Climate Action Strategy and ensure King’s meets its Net Zero Carbon target by 2025.
- Share your sustainability experience and ideas with us by signing up to our Sustainability Listening Campaign.
- Join your King’s residence sustainability committee to shape the sustainability strategy for your halls and get involved with sustainable projects. You can also participate in the Sustainable Living Community buddy scheme and join the Sustainable Living Communities Facebook group. Stay tuned on sustainability events on Resilife Instagram and King’s Sustainability Instagram.
- Interested in the Fairtrade and Sustainable Food Steering Group? Get in touch and become part of the steering group at King’s.
- Already in a society? Contact Sustainability and let us know how we can help you! You can found your own society as well.
- Keep track of sustainability events via our newsletter or social media.
- Have other ideas? Please let us know!
- Become a staff Sustainability Champion or student Sustainability Champion Assistant to help embed sustainability within your department, office or laboratory. There is also the opportunity to act as a Sustainability Auditor at the end of the academic year.
- Join one of the King’s Sustainability #TakeAction Teams and support the development of the Sustainability KEATS Module, Sustainability Conversations Initiative, and how we can support diversity further within environmental sustainability. Contact Ali Hepple to find out more.
- Gain valuable communication and management skills by signing up to be a Listening Campaign Conversations Lead.
- Enjoy writing? Do you have a story to share or a topic to discuss? Looking to develop your writing skills? You could write a guest blog for the Sustainability blog.
- Help shape sustainable education at King’s while learning more about sustainability by registering for the KEATS Sustainability Module pilot and Sustainability Seminar Series.
- There are a variety of sustainability-related courses and modules available at King’s, a sample of which you can find here. We are currently carrying out a more in-depth curriculum audit around the SDGs.
- Interested in sustainability research? Why not tailor your dissertation towards sustainable themes? Get in touch with us if you have questions or ideas.
- The Sustainability team is often looking for King’s students and graduates to get involved. These opportunities offer skills learning and work experience in a growing field. Keep up to date about any job openings through our newsletter and King’s careers platforms.
- Keep an eye out for Sustainability careers information sessions and opportunities via King’s CareerConnect.