Meet your Peer Advisor: Viola!

We have four brand spanking new Peer Advisors to help both incoming and outgoing Study Abroad students this academic year! If you’ve got a question for them, pop along to their office hours.

Viola will be in K0.57 on Wednesday mornings from 10:30 – 12:30.

Hello! My name is Viola, I’m one of the new Global Mobility Peer Advisors for this academic year. I’m a fourth-year student studying Management and Spanish at King’s College.

During my studies, I had the incredible opportunity to spend the third year in Madrid. I completed the first semester at Universidad Carlos III and the second semester interning at Bloom Consulting. My time in Madrid was absolutely amazing, and I would absolutely recommend studying abroad during your university years.

Paella – a must eat!

Studying abroad is a fantastic opportunity to broaden your horizons, experience new cultures, and gain a global perspective. It not only enhances your academic and language skills but also fosters personal growth and independence. Plus, you’ll have the chance to meet incredible people from all around the world, forging international friendships that last a lifetime

From my personal experience, I understand that studying abroad can come with some challenges. Adapting to a new culture, being far from home, and facing language barriers can be tough. However, the key is to stay open-minded, embrace these challenges as opportunities to grow, and connect with fellow students and locals. You are not alone in this incredible journey, as many students are going through the exact same experiences. Don’t hesitate to reach out if you ever need a chat or advice.
If you’re an incoming student at King’s College, here’s some advice to kickstart your university journey. Firstly, don’t miss out on the opportunity to join our numerous societies; it’s a fantastic way to meet people who share your interests, broaden your horizons, and even enhance your CV. Beyond that, don’t forget to explore the vibrant city of London and make the most of the incredible cultural experiences it offers.

Some of my favourite places to explore in London

Speaking of London, when it’s sunny one of my favorite activities is picnicking in Hyde Park or St. James’s Park, where you can enjoy nature in the heart of the city and spend quality time with friends

Additionally, I highly recommend wandering through Notting Hill, especially exploring the vibrant Portobello Road Market. It’s a treasure trove of unique antiques and vintage finds. Lastly, remember to strike a balance between your coursework and self-care – this is key to a successful university life. Enjoy your time at King’s and make the most of every moment in this incredible city!