I believe learning does not just end in the classroom—it extends beyond the campus, as there are opportunities everywhere to meet and learn from interesting people.

London is an ideal location for exploration outside the classroom due to its innovative and diverse community.  I’ve had the opportunity to become a part of one of the few Google Campuses in the world in London. I’ve been able to meet a few inspiring startups at Google Campus and attend company talks hosted by the KCL Women in Business and Finance to learn about different finance career paths. Being able to incorporate myself into the London business community has not only solidified my interest in a finance career, but also shown me the possibilities of where my career can take me. The career exploration I’ve achieved at King’s is something that I would not have been able to experience elsewhere. Its prime location, in combination with its societies, are unique and invaluable.

On the other hand, studying abroad should be fun! I cannot stress enough how much there is to do in London and how accessible it all is from King’s housing. At the end of my three months here, I’ve curated a master list of things to do, along with an entire other list of places I need to visit when I someday come back to London. London’s international and innovative spirit is evident in its nightlife, restaurants, and attractions: to name a few personal favorites, Ballie Ballerson (bar with ballpits), Dishoom (amazing Indian food paying homage to Irani Bombay Cafes), Saint Martin-in-the-Fields Church by Trafalgar Square (has the coolest window you will ever see), and the walk over Millenium Bridge to the Tate Modern (houses an impressive collection of modern and contemporary art).

During my time at King’s, I’ve grown tremendously as a person through exploring a completely new academic and cultural space. London has offered a challenging, yet rewarding experience. I can’t think of a place more prosperous in diversity, culture, and opportunity.