The Guide for English Department Freshers 2022-23 is now available. It offers a student perspective on studying English at King’s and addresses some issues of concern for new students.
The project was managed by Elinor Evans, Sara Hussain, and Cornelia Sheppard Dawson. The magazine was edited by previous third-year English students: Sukhmani Bhakar, Iman Hafeez, Tanzim Kamali, and Eranda Salihu. It includes pieces written by Ana Bottle, Emma Campbell, Fiona Eddis-Finbow, Ted J. Gibbs, Pavlina Sotirova, and Jil Thielen.
The guide covers:
- Tips for tackling reading lists
- What makes a good student, how to take notes, a guide to writing essays, and time management tips
- The best places to look & search for material
- A review of London Libraries
- Information about first-year modules & what the first year will be like
- An interview with Head of First Year, Dr Carl Kears
- An introduction to the English Department Student Representatives
- Clubs and Societies – the spaces to meet people, to explore & develop interests
- Coffee Shops in London (as study space & places to socialise)
- A campus guide
For full details, please see the attached guide in pdf format.
Blog posts on King’s English represent the views of the individual authors and neither those of the English Department, nor of King’s College London.
You may also like to read: