A day in the life of a Financial Mathematics MSc student

By Vansikha, MSc Financial Mathematics

Welcome to my day as a Financial Mathematics MSc student.

The day isn’t too cramped; on an average I have one lecture and one tutorial a day but this can vary. With each module, I get an assignment which I’m expected to try at home, and then I discuss my ideas with my peers during tutorials. After lectures, I go through my course material, and spend a good amount of the day doing readings. It’s great to see my personal tutor too, in case things seem to go haywire, or if I need a second opinion about anything concerning academia or otherwise.

King’s is a great platform to learn about “Bloomberg” and other trading or coding tools too. I like to dedicate some time during the day to have a go at trading or coding. King’s organises career fairs, so I always go along to learn about companies, network and apply for internships/ jobs.

All in all, my days are long but always interesting. There’s so much to learn, and I can’t wait to put my MSc knowledge into practice in my future career.

Read more…

Find out about the differences between undergraduate and postgraduate study

Read Hui’s blog on another postgraduate Mathematics course, Complex Systems Modelling MSc