@thaliaeley

@thaliaeley

Professor of Developmental Behavioural Genetics

My work focuses on exploring interplay between genes and the environment with respect to the development and treatment of anxiety and depression, particularly in young people. I have always been fascinated by the fact that different people react so differently from one another when under stress. In my research I use both twin studies, in order to estimate the relative contribution of genes and the environment, and also molecular genetic approaches, which can identify links between specific genes and outcomes of interest. I also draw on methods used in experimental psychology to explore aspects of information processing that may be relevant mechanisms when trying to understand the role of genes and the environment on the development and treatment of anxiety and depression.

Georgina

Georgina

PhD student

My research interests include understanding genetic and environmental factors influencing the development and persistence of obsessive-compulsive disorder in young people. I am particularly interested in identifying predictors of response to cognitive behaviour therapy in this population, including genetic markers.

@kl_purves

@kl_purves

PhD student

I am interested in understanding genetic and environmental influences on the aetiology of, and treatment responses in anxiety and depression. I have a particular interest in using approaches that help to bridge environmental, quantitative and molecular-genetically sensitive designs.

Yasmin

Yasmin

PhD student

I am working on the Children of TEDS (CoTEDS) project. My research aims to understand the mechanisms underlying the intergenerational transmission of mental illness within families.