Read all about what events we have this year and take part in exciting career learning opportunities with industry professionals across all sectors and professions. You don’t have to be interested in any specific careers to attend our events – all students are welcome, whatever stage of career thinking you are at!
In our online careers learning environment, KEATS, you will be able to discover career activities to help you forward in your journey to build success – in an independent learning style. As well as this, we are really excited to offer a selection of career events, panels, fairs and festivals to King’s students during the Autumn term.
Number 1) – Welcome to King’s 2021
Discover everything you ever wanted to know about developing your career plan and employability, with a day of virtual workshops and events by King’s Careers & Employability. Events start on the week of 13th September!
Instructions: King’s students can view the schedule and sign up to these sessions by downloading the Life at King’s Mobile App on the app store and searching for ‘Welcome to King’s’.
Numbers 2) to 6) – Career festivals
Throughout the new academic year, we bring you lots of webinars and masterclasses, delivered by employers and careers professionals. While we can’t really yet all squeeze into the Great Hall for a physical career fair, we have an exciting portfolio of week-long festivals to bring awareness of different exciting career paths and sectors. Pencil in your calendars, and then click to read more about each Focused Festivals – you’ll be directed straight to the KEATS page of each festival.
- Shanghai Engineering, Science & Technology Fair (Wednesday 22 September 2021)
- Focus on Technology, Engineering & Data (Tuesday 12 October 2021)
- Focus on Health, Pharma & Bioscience (Monday 18 October 2021)
- Focus on Law, Risk & Justice (Tuesday 26 October 2021)
- Focus on Government, Public Sector & Policy (Tuesday 9 November 2021)
Numbers 7) to 20) – Employer panel events
We love a good panel event, with King’s alumni, employers and career professionals from all around telling you how they got to where they are now. Interested in discovering careers in different areas and industries? Great!
- Discover Careers In: Green Energy & Clean Tech (28 September 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Libraries, Museums & Heritage (30 September 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Engineering (12 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Software Development (14 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Bio-Medical Engineering And Bioinformatics (19 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Clinical Trials (21 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Risk And Political Risk (26 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Multilateral Organisations (28 October 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Corporate Social Responsibility; Purpose Over Profit (2 November 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Security (4 November 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Government & Politics (9 November 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Policy (11 November 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Charities And Non-Governmental Organisations (16 November 2021)
- Discover Careers In: Creative Arts (18 November 2021)
How to book onto careers events after Welcome Week 2021
We look forward to seeing you at our events during autumn term – find our full events calendar on King’s CareerConnect. King’s CareerConnect (KCC) is our online careers portal enabling students, recent alumni, staff and employers to engage with our services and make the most of what we offer.
Once your KCC account is set-up, you can:
- Access our vacancy board, search for part-time work, placements, internships and graduate-level opportunities from employers targeting King’s students and recent alumni.
- Set alerts and reminders for new opportunities and events according to your personal preferences and career goals and receive targeted information to your King’s inbox.
- Book careers or application guidance appointments, practice interviews and careers lounges.
- View our events calendar and book attendance at our fairs, masterclasses, presentations, workshops, panels and other events.
- Undertake various Pathways including a CV Review, learn How to Engage with Employers or participate in our King’s Experience Awards and King’s Internships programmes.