London Living – Studying in Denmark Hill

I have lived in London my entire 23 years of life and still haven’t explored every corner of the beautiful capital; I’m always discovering new things – every day is fresh and exciting, and there is always something interesting to do in the city!

London is undoubtedly an incredible place to live; here are just a few of the reasons why.

Stunning sightseeing, awesome attractions, breath-taking views and gorgeous green spaces

Many of the landmarks in London are free to visit! There a number of museums you can visit for free, such as the Natural History Museum, the National Gallery and the Science Museum (my favourite!). We also have the recently opened Science Gallery at King’s which connects art, science and health to drive innovation in the heart of the city.

From royal gardens to blossoming parks, London boasts a number of vibrant open green spaces for picnics, strolls or admiring nature. Some popular places to chill and explore are Hyde Park, Kensington Gardens or Richmond Park to name a few.

Weekend activities range from visiting Big Ben to checking out the view of London’s skyline from The Shard – the tallest building in Western Europe! The city can cater to your interests with thousands of bookable, accessible workshops and activities, whether you’re into sculpting, spray-painting, skateboarding or baking.

Iconic shopping and phenomenal food and drink

If you like to shop to your heart’s content then look no further than London’s famous Oxford Street, Westfield shopping centres or anywhere in London for that matter. There is something for everybody when it comes to the world of fashion in London, the home of designer, vintage, quirky and bold.

My favourite thing about London is the multitude of delicious and diverse food; I love trying new dishes (and eating!), whether it’s gourmet fine dining, street food or a standard cheeky Nando’s, and London has it all: exquisite restaurants, cafés and pubs catering to all diets by providing halal, vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free foods.

Multi-cultural and resourceful

Studying in Denmark Hill, in the heart of Greater London, you are surrounded by individuals from such varied cultures and backgrounds and it is truly a privilege. It is refreshing and humbling to meet people from all over the world with different perspectives and stories! London is a rich, multi-cultural hub of inspiring individuals with unique journeys that make living here so special.

Throughout my MSc so far, I have felt so secure studying in Denmark Hill – there are multiple libraries, green spaces and cafés within walking distance of the main Institute of Psychiatry, Psychology and Neuroscience building, making it easy to pop out for anything I might need. London transport is easy to navigate and reliable, meaning if I did need to go further out it would be simple to handle, especially with the number of buses and trains I can access from Denmark Hill.

London isn’t just a fun place to live; it’s a fantastic place to study, learn and grow.

3 Trackbacks / Pingbacks

1. Preparing for King’s – IoPPN Blog
  2. Student Accommodation: A Home Away from Home – IoPPN Blog
  3. Life at King’s – IoPPN Blog