‘Tips and Tricks on Making Money From Home’ – National Student Money Week Testimonial

A picture containing person, wall, indoor, person

Description automatically generated

The COVID-19 pandemic has been an unexpected event and undoubtedly affected our finances, amongst other things. The lockdown in March restricted us to our homes, with limited access to work and on-site education. With much time on my hands and little to do, I started looking for jobs to keep me busy and save for the future.  

I began applying to temporary jobs at supermarkets, available due to an increase in demand for essential supplies. I applied through the company portals and websites like Indeed but with little luck. There were also few suitable jobs that could be done from home. I realised that online tutoring was also in demand due to teaching and exam cancellations. So, I decided to apply to online tutoring and was luckily offered a job soon after applying, owing to my previous tutoring experience. Online tutoring offers a decent and regular income with flexible hours and the ability to work from the comfort of your own home. It also provides the opportunity to develop personal skills and boost your CV to improve future employability.  

Another mode of earning involves participation in online surveys. Although in my experience this is often time consuming and requires the completion of a significant number of surveys before a decent reward can be earned. Instead, participation in King’s research, advertised in a fortnightly email circular, offers better rewards for your time. For example, completing a 30-minute surveys can earn you £5-£10 in Amazon vouchers. This is an easy way to earn some money, whilst helping the scientific community; a definite win-win!  

For more tips on how to make extra cash, please visit the Blackbullion blog on this topic.

#sidehustle #workfromhome #earnmoneyonline

Rhea Lopes
King’s Student Money Mentor

Part of Money & Housing Advice
Studying Medicine MBBS (UG)

Need to speak to a Money Adviser? Call the Student Advice Line.

For more information on making money, check out this video workshop. You can also click on this link for more details on Blackbullion!

The King’s Student Money Mentors blog shares our students’ personal experiences and thoughts on money-related topics. Any reference, opinions or recommendations on a particular company/brand are only the views of the student(s) who wrote the blog post. King’s College London, the Money & Housing Advice service and the Money Mentor project do not share the views in the blogs nor endorse any of the companies mentioned. Readers should conduct their own research before using any companies mentioned in our blog posts. 

.