King’s Library Services are looking to recruit King’s PhD students from across the faculties to work as Study Skills Leaders (SSLs).
SSLs provide one-to-one and appointments and drop-ins and contribute workshops as part of the King’s Learning and Skills Service (KLaSS).
For more information about the wider team, please click this link.
- To deliver student-centred additional learning skills support across the University.
- To provide some or all of: academic/writing/maths/statistics skills support to undergraduate and postgraduate (taught) students in a way that complements other support provided by Library Services.
- To contribute to the development of blended learning and teaching resources in the areas of academic skills, independent learning and academic writing.
Rates of Pay
- Weekly one-to-one sessions during term time: £17 per hour, 3-6 hours per week during term time.
- Drop-in Sessions and developing resources during summer time: £17 per hour
- Scheduled Workshops £34 per hour (to reflect preparation time)
Start Date & Hours
- Start 6/11/2017 (or asap thereafter)
- 3 – 6 hours per week
We would welcome applications from King’s postgraduate (research) students from across the institution to complement the existing team of SSLs. We would particularly like to recruit SSLs who could provide Maths support but we are looking to make around 12 appointments and would therefore welcome applications from King’s postgraduate (research) students from across the institution to complement the existing team of SSLs.
Deadline: 27 October 2017, 5pm
If you have any queries, please contact email@example.com.