Below is also a list of free resources, such as podcasts and videos, available online, which may also aid your preparation for studying Classics at King’s.
Videos and podcasts
Classics For All’s Key Stage Five resources provide a list of free online support for A-Level Classics, helpful in introducing first-time students to Classics.
Classics For All also provides a list to BBC’s In Our Time Classics series, a useful, free resource available through making an account on BBC iPlayer.
The British School at Athens may also be worth a look, with a few presentations by King’s academics https://warwick.ac.uk/fac/arts/classics/warwickclassicsnetwork/stoa/videosetc/bsa_video_archive.pdf
- A lecture by King’s Dr. Roderick Beaton on Greek global history: https://www.bsa.ac.uk/videos/the-greeks-a-global-history/
- A lecture in conversation with King’s Visiting Research Fellow Bettany Hughes, regarding Bruce Clark’s latest publication Athens: City of Wisdom, with Dr. John Kittmer, former British Ambassador to Greece: https://www.bsa.ac.uk/videos/athens-city-of-wisdom/
- A lecture by King’s Dr. Edith Hall on a new reading of Aristophanes’ The Birds: https://www.bsa.ac.uk/videos/edith-hall-peisetairos-adventurer-in-thrace-a-new-reading-of-aristophanes-birds/
- A lecture by King’s Dr. David Ricks on a reading of Dionysios Solomos’ The Shark: https://www.bsa.ac.uk/videos/dionysios-solomos-the-shark-read-by-david-ricks/
- A lecture by King’s Dr. Emerita Judith Herrin on Greek culture in Ravenna between the sixth and eighth centuries:
King’s Rumble Lectures, from our annual Rumble Fund, are also available to watch on YouTube:
- The Third Annual Rumble Fund Lecture in 2016 on Queering Classical Art: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqMyjTLK6wM
- The Fourth Annual Rumble Fund Lecture in 2017 on Classical Art: Beauty & Classical Form: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SezpEFHwNTQ
- The Ninth Annual Rumble Fund Lecture in 2022 on Acropolis Adieu: Popular Images of Greece between the 1950s and ’60s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3koWYtqLcg
Click here for more on The Rumble Fund.
To see what impact you can have as a King’s Classics student, click here to learn about all things classics reviewed/written by educators on King’s: The Classics Library