Hey there!

I’m Alyx, the Sports Participation Coordinator at King’s Sport. Working in the Sports Department, everyone always asks me what ‘my sport’ is, but in truth I’m not particularly good at any sports – I just love being active and teaming up with friends.13124814_645156652299847_6755941854234291869_n

The majority of my role is coordinating BeActive, which is our Recreational Sport programme and it’s all about giving something a go in a social, non-competitive environment. Usually there is a membership fee, but as a resident in a King’s College London Halls of Residence for 2016/2017 you get free access!

You’ll get exclusive access to the BeActive Halls programme, as well as being able to attend all the sessions included in the standard programme, which is open to all student at King’s. This means you have more than 45 sessions to choose from every week during term time – and all for free! Every session takes place within walking distance of halls of residence, and all students living in halls of residence can attend any session at any of the locations, regardless of experience or how sporty you think you are.

To get involved all you need to do is choose a session from the timetable included in your welcome pack when you move into halls, then show up to the venue with your King’s College London student card. There will be one of my trusty Activators there to welcome you and get you started with the session.

The timetable starts12186378_561167030698810_1556061476874814786_o on the Monday 3rd October but you’ll also be able to catch me and the team before then at campus and residences events and at fresher’s fair during Welcome Week. So if you have any questions about BeActive Halls or more generally sport at King’s – be it club sport, King’s Move, facilities – don’t hesitate to ask us!

I’m sure you’ll enjoy your first weeks moving into halls, and I hope to see as many of you as possible down and enjoying a BeActive session in the near future!

Alyx

Sports Participation Coordinator, King’s Sport.

Kcl.ac.uk/sport/beactive