Are you an NMS student? Are you looking to discover careers in the energy industry? Today we’re highlighting an opportunity from a charity called Generating Genius, who work to widen access to high-level STEM careers.
The following was provided to us by Generating Genius:
We are partnered with the National Grid on the Generating Genius and Grid for Good Talent Development Pathway, a long-term, multi-touch project for students to gain insight and develop skills to enter careers in the energy sector.
Applications for the pathway are now open for 2021 and students studying Computer Science, Engineering, Maths and Physics are welcome to apply.
To apply for the Grid for Good Talent Development Pathway, students should complete this form.
What does the Pathway look like?
As a member of the Grid for Good Pathway, you will have exclusive access to:
- Insight talks, focusing on different careers available in the energy industry
- Team Building events, including leading, networking and self-development sessions
- Upskilling workshops, including CV writing, mock interviews with National Grid employees, Challenge Days and application boot camps
- 1-to-1 Mentoring with National Grid employees
- Paid work experience opportunities with National Grid
- Graduate job opportunities, including Graduate Schemes, Apprenticeships and Internships with National Grid
Join our Welcome Event
We are hosting a virtual welcome event on Wednesday 24th February. This event will feature an Insight talk and Careers Panel with current National Grid employees, a valuable opportunity to learn more about career paths within the energy sector.
Eligibility & how to apply
To be eligible for this pathway, you must be from black African or Caribbean heritage OR have a household income of below £42,875 per annum. You must also be studying Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or Physics.
‘The mentoring programme helped me prepare to apply for internships and I believe it was this support that got me a role at Movemeback. It would be great to apply for roles at National Grid when I am eligible ‘
– Zachary, 19
Zachary participated in the GridforGood and Generating Genius pilot candidate pathway programme in Summer 2020. You can watch Zachary’s testimonial video on Youtube below.
This content was provided by an external organisation and does not necessarily represent the views of King’s College London. We cannot accept responsibility for errors or inaccuracies in this content.