• 50g softened butter
• 50g light soft brown sugar
• 7 pineapple rings in syrup, drained and syrup reserved
• 7 glacé cherries
For the cake
• 100g softened butter
• 100g golden caster sugar
• 100g self-raising flour
• 1 tsp baking powder
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 2 eggs
• Heat oven to 180C
• For the topping, beat softened butter and light soft brown sugar together until creamy.
Spread over the base and a quarter of the way up the sides of a round cake tin. Arrange
7 pineapple rings on top (reserving the syrup for later), then place glacé cherries in the
centres of the rings.
• Place softened butter, golden caster sugar, self-raising flour, baking powder, vanilla
extract and eggs in a bowl along with of the reserved pineapple syrup. Using an electric
whisk, beat to a soft consistency.
• Spoon into the tin on top of the pineapple and smooth it out so it’s level. Bake for 35
mins. Leave to stand for 5 mins, then turn out onto a plate. Serve warm with a scoop of