My name is Grace and I am the Senior Community Facilitator at KCL. I am a bit behind the scenes at the moment, but if you need anything or have any questions then please do contact me on Instagram @kingsresilife and join our Resilife Group by clicking HERE and I am more than happy to chat.

If you, like me, are feeling a rather strong sense of impending doom due to the current state of the world then I have news for you. Turns out, there is still lots of good stuff happening – we just aren’t hearing about it. I would like to share with you my favourites from the last month, I hope you enjoy!

1. Stumpy the Labrador

Meet Stumpy, named after his little legs which were too short for him to pursue a career as a Guide dog.

Luckily, Stumpy found another way to help and became a Pet Blood Doner. He is now the Pet Blood Bank’s highest donating dog, having donated blood 30 times so far, and saving OVER 120 dog’s lives. Now that is one seriously good doggo, don’t you think?

1. Global pandemic? Don’t know her.

Bea Lumpkin aged 102 (left) and Joy Young aged 96 (right), would not let anything get in the way of them voting in this election. Having not missed a single vote since 1940 when she was first allowed to, Bea turned up in full PPE to post her ballot last week. Joy showed similar determination, being blind AND deaf, she rocked her mask and made it to her 78th vote.

1. 12-year-olds these days…

At the ripe old age of 12 years, Caleb Anderson is achieving big things, as he is the youngest student to begin studying Aerospace Engineering at Georgia Tech. When he was 3 years old, he gained acceptance to MENSA (the largest and oldest high IQ society in the world). Well done Caleb!!!

1. A little kindness goes a long way.

And finally… just incase you haven’t seen it, here is an adorable video of a little boy who bakes birthday cookies for his favourite waste collectors on his birthday.

Wishing you a great week amidst the chaos and hope to see you at our Resilife events soon!