The UK electronic skills foundation has created a scholarship scheme that enables you to gain great work experience and widen your network.
Each UKESF Scholarship lasts from the year you apply, until graduation. It includes a bursary for each academic year and a work placement (8 weeks minimum) each year. Some companies offer work placements of 6 or 12 months, or final year industry-based MEng project placements, in additional to summer placements.
- Work for your sponsoring company during the summers you agree to when accepting the offer – check our tips for a successful summer placement here
- Meet with your company mentor at least twice a year
- Attend one of our Scholar Workshops
- Help to promote Electronics in schools through at least one activity each year – we’ll support you in this
- Help at your university in supporting UKESF scholarships to other students
- Submit annual reports to us and your sponsoring company during the scholarship
The UKESF Scholar Workshops are 4-day residential courses for scholars, packed with professional and personal development sessions and networking with speakers from the Electronics sector. Their workshops help to equip you with skills not covered by university, and also count as 27 hours towards the IET CPD monitoring scheme.
Read about the most recent Scholar Workshop here.