Are you applying for a part-time job or starting your graduate career? Do you want to know how good your CV is and how to improve it?
CareerSet is an AI-powered CV and cover letter checker available to all King’s students and recent graduates. It allows you to improve and tailor your CV and cover letter to any job you are applying for.
How CareerSet works
- CareerSet will scan your CV and/or cover letter against top recruiter and hiring managers criteria using AI-powered technology.
- You can further enhance the recommendations you’re given by uploading a job description, which CareerSet will compare against your CV/cover letter to give specific feedback on how to tailor it to the job you are applying for.
- Your CV will be given a score based on its overall impact, style and brevity. This scoring system ensures your CV is ATS (Applicant Tracking System) ready.
How to access CareerSet
2. Choose whether you want to check a CV or a cover letter;
3. If targeting your CV to a specific job, upload the job description or choose from the generic job descriptions provided;
4. Upload your CV or cover letter in PDF format;
5. Explore the feedback and recommendations provided by CareerSet to optimise your CV or cover letter and ensure it is application-ready;
6. Repeat the process as many times as you need to! You can access all of your previous uploads and their reviews in the ‘Previous Uploads’ section (see the image above).
For more advice on how to write a great CV/cover letter, visit our ‘How to write a CV‘ and ‘How to write applications & cover letters‘ sections on KEATS. You can also speak to one of our Careers Consultants by booking an Application Advice appointment via King’s CareerConnect.