Applications for the King’s Global Internships Programme, an Award-winning scheme enabling King’s students to travel overseas over the summer months, to undertake an internship and cultural experience like no other, are now open! We work closely with employers to develop internship specifications to ensure all the internship opportunities advertised are project-based to give you the best internship opportunities.
How does the programme work?
There’s been a few minor changes to the programme this year, and there’s essentially two parts you need to be aware of:
Roles advertised in King’s CareerConnect
- These include opportunities both exclusive and not exclusive to King’s
- Internship provider programmes are posted here, along with employers who are recruiting summer interns
- All opportunities are found within the King’s Internships: Global Internship Programme
- These are part of the overall King’s Internships programmes, and not just the Global Interships Programme
- Students can use all the King’s Internships resources in Keats, specifically the King’s Internships Self-Source section
What about fees?
We are working with internship providers in China, USA, Colombia, and South Africa, and there are programme fees associated with these. The programmes are designed to provide students plenty of support in terms of pre-departure and also while on placement. Fees include a tailored matching service with a host company based on each students’ experience, airport pick up, accommodation, 24/7 on-site support, personal & professional development events, and travel insurance from King’s.
Is there any funding available?
Yes! If you’re interested in finding out more about funding, we have collated all of the information about different pots students can apply to here.
Where can I find out more?
Our website now acts as a sign post to all those looking to find out more. Our KEATS page gives advice on guidance about the whole programme and students can review all of the opportunities on King’s CareerConnect.
There are currently around 15 opportunities posted on King’s CareerConnect and we’ll be adding more vacancies between now and May 2019, so do check back for new postings as you would with any other jobs board. To stay up to date you can also follow the King’s Internship Facebook page and sign up to our regular newsletter (by changing your preferences in King’s Career Connect).