Are you currently studying a STEM degree and either come from a black heritage background or a low income household? National Grid is calling all students who are eligible to attend their Spring Week Launch event!
Generating Genius and National Grid have partnered up to organise employability events, mentorships and career development support to the next generation of STEM innovators. They are throwing a virtual launch event to give students an insight into what it is like working in the energy sector. This event is a great opportunity for you to develop your understanding on what graduate roles in STEM are about, getting access to early applications for their popular Spring Week next year and hear from employees that work in the energy sector at National Grid. Not only that but it will boost your employability as you can add this to your CV; sounds like a win win!
The full eligibility requirements are as follows:
– Current student studying: Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geography / Geology / Earth Sciences, Physics or Mathematics.
– Current students from Black African or Caribbean backgrounds
– Current students from low income households (all ethnicities BELOW £42,875 total household income)
– Right to work in the UK (not on Student visa)
– You will be placed on a programme depending on your year of study. Please note they recruit for different years of study at different times throughout the academic calendar.
When is it taking place?
The event will be on Monday 20th December, from 16:30 – 18.20pm. Please register your attendance to secure your place.