Scholarly Articles

Hi Girls,

I finally have access to the blog! (yay)
So here is a compilation of scholarly articles I’ve gathered over the past few weeks. I’ve attached the articles themselves with highlighted sections that I found most important/relevant to what we are looking at.
If you don’t have too much time, the most relevant is “ambiguities and dilemmas around #MeToo” as it follows a discussion between two women, and raises interesting questions about the legitimacy of the movement in itself, and the questions and issues that it brings forward (the two women self-identify as feminists).
I haven’t found more general articles on Twitter as a platform for the ‘voiceless’, so will keep on looking into that a bit more and let you know how it progresses!

Laura

#MeToo, Statutory Rape Laws and the Persistence of Gender by Leslie Y. Garfield Tenzer — SSRN copy ambiguities and dilemmas around #MeToo cultivating ambivalence empowering communities through social media empowerment in action The #MeToo movement is at a dangerous tipping point – The Washington Post copy The #MeToo movement’s feminist dystopia | Coffee House will you accept this twitter apology

2 thoughts on “Scholarly Articles

1. Thanks laura! I’ll have a read of these before our next meeting – in the meantime do you mind highlighting some of the more important points in each article? And then we can evaluate them at the next session!

2. These look great. I especially like the highlighting of relevant section.

On the point you raise about the legitimacy, how far do you agree with their assessment that issues surrounding violence against women may be affecting the benefit of publicly supporting women?