- Saturday (26th May) is the last day of RHS Chelsea Flower Show – over 100 spectacular floral displays!
- Take a day trip to Cambridge and have a go at punting – with direct trains from Kings Cross you can be in Cambridge within 46 minutes!
- Love cheese? Visit the London Cheese Project, Hoxton. – more than 30 British cheesemakers and mongers, artisan producers and street food traders will be there.
- If the weather plays ball a BBQ in the park (the ones that allow it) – try Lincoln’s Inn Fields, Holborn which is close to our Strand Campus allows BBQs 😊
- Annnnd if it’s raining get baking! International Officer Sadia has a very tasty but super easy shortbread recipe for you!
55g caster sugar, plus extra to finish
180g plain flour
Heat the oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5.
Beat the butter and the sugar together until smooth.
Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm/½in thick.
Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Sprinkle with caster sugar and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.