Making your dreams come true in 2017!

notebook-1194456_960_720Author: Andreea

As the year has come to an end, everyone gets overexcited to dash all that happened in 2016, forget about it, bury it and pretend it never happened. Now people start talking about their new year resolutions, that normally sound something like, “I’ll start that diet, go to the gym every day and really focus on my studies.”

Now, before you decide to label 2016 as the worst year of your life, or focus just on the negative things that happened, let me remind you that on the 1st of January of 2016 you were also setting new year resolutions and were probably complaining about 2015.

Before you start writing another long list of resolutions, stop reflect and celebrate all your achievements from 2016. You will be surprised to see how many amazing things have happened to you, and by doing that you will be ready to set some heart-centred, tuned, awesome and exciting goals for 2017.

So, start by asking yourself simple questions and write the answer down:

1.  What were the best 3 things that happened to you in 2016?
  2. What have you learned?
  3. How have you developed as a person?
  4. What challenges did you overcome and what did you learn from that?
  5. What have you achieved career/ relationship wise?
  6. What places did you visit?

Just be creative and ask yourself question, and reflect on what you achieved in the last year. You’ll be surprised to see how much you’ve grown and developed. This small exercise will give you a fresh and positive beginning to start tuning in and creating your new resolutions.

My friend, I’ve been there done that. I used to write a long list of resolutions, from going to the gym every single day, from quitting chocolate for good and never looking back, to doing a small piece of creative writing every night, because Andreea let’s face it girl, you are not that creative anymore! The down side of all these types of resolutions is that they are not inspiring. All of them have limiting thoughts and negative affirmations.

Set some goals that get to freaking excited, that make your heart sing and not something that you know you “should” achieve because the society, your mom, your lecturer says you must do that.

Simple steps to setting goals:

1. Be specific and clear. Saying that I will start my day with a positive affirmation is not specific enough. Make a list with your favourite affirmations, stick them to your fridge, mirror so you’ll be constantly reminded and inspired.
  2. Be inspired by your resolutions, and have them come from a place of love. Instead of saying something like “I need to lose 5 kg and get that summer bombshell body!” say something like “I love and appreciate my body, so I will treat it with love and care. I will eat healthy and do some sort of exercise that will make me feel good.” See the difference? It’s just about showing a bit of love to yourself.
  3. Divide your resolution into sections. Set 1-3 goals for your career, relationships, social life, health, wealth, and love.

Thank you so much for your time, lovely people. I hope you enjoyed this post and you got inspired to kick this new year with loads of positive energy and gratitude.