Q&A with Tam, MA War Studies

PG Tamim's photoIf you could go back in time, where would you go?
I would love to go back to the Renaissance (15th Century) and Live in Italy Florence. It must have been one of the most beautiful architecture of its time.

How do you relax?
I am either in the gym, or watching something so silly such as impractical  jokers, to put a trivial twist on a serious world we live in.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Be thankful for absolutely everything you have, such as the gift of sight and the gift of walking. Make the most of everything you have and waste no time!

What is the best advice you’ve ever received?
If you have a dream, be sure to go out there and fulfill it, do not wait around until it comes to you, you go and get it!

What would you have liked to know 5 years ago that you know now?
How important the age between 20-25 is. To make sure I have my career mapped out and utilize my time as much as possible and be as informed as possible to make life choices by the age of 25.

What inspired you to study your field?
I was involved in the Libyan revolution; my experience there gave me the determination to get my head around what makes a human being get to the stage that they think the only way out is to kill another human being.

What would your best friend say is your best quality?
These are the words of my best friend: “He is very caring and is always there for people, loves to help!”

Born in Darlington, Tam is a part time postgraduate student at the Department of War Studies. He studied Business Information Systems as an undergraduate in Cardiff. The picture features HMS Belfast, one of the most iconic war ships. War has always been a blight on humanity, however, by researching it we can develop our understanding of warfare and hopefully, one day, learn to effectively avoid it.

For more information about Tam’s course, please follow this link