Q&A with Francesca, MA International Relations

PG Francesca photoWhat do you consider your greatest achievement?
I don’t think I can answer that until I am really old.

If you could go back in time, where would you go?
New York during the 1920s the era of flappers, silent movies, speakeasies, jazz, and F. Scott Fitzgerald.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Eva Green would be great, but she’s a bit too cool. My life is more of an awkward comedy and I don’t think that’s her genre.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Dinosaurs. It would be completely impractical but it would make the commute to University exciting.

What did you want to be when you were growing up?
A humanitarian, a writer, a reporter, an explorer. Ideas that still appeal to me now.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
Putting my life into perspective; my own worries, fears and disappointments often are not as devastating as I think they are.

If you could edit your past, what would you change?
Nothing. Not because it has been perfect but I think it is better to focus on the present.

What inspired you to study your field?
As a student in Sweden I was surrounded by people committed to and engaged with international affairs, and I really wanted to learn more and be part of that. Studying International Relations was a way to continue my insatiable desire for knowledge and understanding the world, although I think I am now more confused and conflicted!

Born in London, Francesca Scott is a postgraduate student in the Department of War Studies studying an MA in International Relations. Francesca studied History as an undergraduate at Leeds University and spent a year abroad studying in Sweden. It was in Sweden that she first realised her insatiable interest in war, conflict and international affairs as she attended conferences given by esteemed speakers such as former Secretary-General of the United Nations Kofi Annan and former US Attorney General Eric Holder.

For more information about Francesca’s course, please follow the link.