Newton Fund Researcher Links programme provides opportunities for early career researchers to interact, learn from each other and explore opportunities for building long-lasting research collaborations.
During the workshops early career researchers will have the opportunity to present their research in the form of a short oral presentation and discuss this with established researchers from the UK and partner countries (see above). There will be a focus on building up links for future collaborations.
Applications to participate in the programme are closed.
The main objectives of the workshop are:
- To encourage early career researchers pursuing studies in the broader theme explained above to present their work and receive feedback from the coordinators and mentors.
- To bring together early and established researchers pursuing studies in this broader theme to learn from each other and explore possibilities of future research collaboration, in particular international and interdisciplinary.
- To publicize the current existing research on the topic to wider audiences, in particular stakeholders such as civil society organisations, policy makers and government officials.
- To draw attention to this crucial yet under-researched topic, encouraging its further development.
- Welfare system (the sustainability and egalitarian challenges of the Brazilian welfare system in any of its dimensions, eg pensions, work related benefits, health, education, minimum income);
- Taxation (tax potential and burden in Brazil, equity and efficiency of the system);
- Rights and legal institutions (the role and impact of rights and legal institutions, in particular social an economic rights, in the social welfare of the population);
- Economics (the impact of inequality in economic development) e. inequality data and analysis (actual dimension of inequality and its causes).
- The theme perpasses several fields of the social sciences (economics, law, sociology, politics and political philosophy) and public policies, such as health, education, housing, income security.