Universally Challenged #5 – The Colin Again Quiz

Another Colin quiz! Will you be a Farrell, a Firth, a Powell… or a Baker or Montgomery? Just find the word that replaces Colin in each phrase/quote. For answers, and explanations, scroll down.

Quote Category Answer
1.    Nobody does it half as good as you – Colin you’re the best Music  
2.    Knock, knock. Who’s there? Colin. Colin who? I live here, so let me in! Joke  
3.    Go ahead, Colin, make my day! Film  
4.    And, you know, there’s no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are Colins. Politics  
5.    A cat may look at a Colin Proverb  
6.    So don’t you fret, M’sieur Colin, I don’t feel any pain Music  
7.    Freddie Starr ate my Colin! News  
8.    The future is bright, the future is Colin Advert  
9.    Walk on Colin against your better judgement Poetry  
10. Mongrels who ain’t got a penny, sniffing for Colin like you on the ground Music  
11. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my Colin with your empty words Politics  
12. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Colin Empire. Film  
13. Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be Colin Philosophy  
14. Colin gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t. Film  
15. Love was out to get me, that’s the way it seemed. Colin haunted all my dreams Music  
16. Shall I compare Colin to a summer’s day? Poetry  
17. A boy’s best friend is his Colin Film  
18. No one can make you feel Colin without your consent Politics  
19. Probably the best Colin in the world Advert  
20. The Colins have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it. Politics  
21. Seagulls and aeroplanes, things of the sky… winds that go howlin’, Colins that sigh Music  
22. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by Colin – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking Politics/media  
23. Colin is what happens when you’re busy making other plans Music  
24. Imagine there’s no Colin, it’s easy if you try Music  
25. Colin for me, Colin for me, Colin for me, oh, oh, oh… I’ve never seen anybody do the things you do before Music  
26. What’s the best thing about Colin? I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus. Joke  
27. The greatest glory in Colin lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall Politics  
28. Never knowingly Colin Advert  
29. Colin boys romance, Colin boys slow dance, that’s all right with me Music  
30. Always remember that you are absolutely Colin. Just like everyone else Philosophy  

Answers

1.    Nobody does it half as good as you – Colin you’re the best Music – Carly Simon Nobody Does It Better baby
2.    Knock, knock. Who’s there? Colin. Colin who? I live here, so let me in! Joke Olivia
3.    Go ahead, Colin, make my day! Film – Clint Eastwood, Dirty Harry punk
4.    And, you know, there’s no such thing as society. There are individual men and women and there are Colins. Politics – Margaret Thatcher families
5.    A cat may look at a Colin Proverb king
6.    So don’t you fret, M’sieur Colin, I don’t feel any pain Music – Les Miserables, Little fall of rain Marius
7.    Freddie Starr ate my Colin! News – headline, The Sun hamster
8.    The future is bright, the future is Colin Advert – Orange orange
9.    Walk on Colin against your better judgement Poetry – Seamus Heaney (inscribed on his headstone) air
10. Mongrels who ain’t got a penny, sniffing for Colin like you on the ground Music – Elton John, Goodbye Yellow Brick Road titbits
11. How dare you. You have stolen my dreams and my Colin with your empty words Politics – Greta Thunberg at UN climate meeting childhood
12. Rebel spaceships, striking from a hidden base, have won their first victory against the evil Colin Empire. Film – Star Wars, opening crawl Galactic
13. Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one must be Colin Philosophy – Ludwig Wittgenstein silent
14. Colin gives you endorphins. Endorphins make you happy. Happy people don’t shoot their husbands. They just don’t. Film – Legally Blonde exercise
15. Love was out to get me, that’s the way it seemed. Colin haunted all my dreams Music – The Monkees, I’m a Believer disappointment
16. Shall I compare Colin to a summer’s day? Poetry – Shakespeare sonnet thee
17. A boy’s best friend is his Colin Film – Psycho mother
18. No one can make you feel Colin without your consent Politics – Eleanor Roosevelt inferior
19. Probably the best Colin in the world Advert – Carlsberg lager
20. The Colins have only interpreted the world, in various ways. The point, however, is to change it. Politics – Karl Marx philosopher
21. Seagulls and aeroplanes, things of the sky… winds that go howlin’, Colins that sigh Music – Dana, All Kinds of Everything breeze
22. Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. Don’t be trapped by Colin – which is living with the results of other people’s thinking Politics/media – Steve Jobs dogma
23. Colin is what happens when you’re busy making other plans Music – John Lennon quote life
24. Imagine there’s no Colin, it’s easy if you try Music – John Lennon, Imagine heaven
25. Colin for me, Colin for me, Colin for me, oh, oh, oh… I’ve never seen anybody do the things you do before Music – Tones and I, Dance Monkey dance
26. What’s the best thing about Colin? I don’t know, but the flag is a big plus. Joke Switzerland
27. The greatest glory in Colin lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall Politics – Nelson Mandella living
28. Never knowingly Colin Advert – John Lewis undersold
29. Colin boys romance, Colin boys slow dance, that’s all right with me Music – Madonna, Material Girl some
30. Always remember that you are absolutely Colin. Just like everyone else Philosophy – Margaret Mead unique