Universally Challenged #4 – The Colin Quiz

Who or what is Colin?

For answers and hints, scroll down…

Simply find the (exact) word to replace Colin in each of these sayings, catchphrases, etc. Hints, then answers, below

Hint
1.      Nice to see you, to see you… Colin.
2.      A bad Colin always blames his tools
3.      What does a pirate say on his 8oth birthday? Aye Colin
4.      But there’s just one thing. Just one thing. Just one thing that I really want to know: Colin’s that girl?
5.      So it’s goodnight from Colin, and it’s goodnight from him. Goodnight!
6.      For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out Colin on the other side
7.      We know their dreams enough to know they dreamed and are Colin
8.      Does my Colin look big in this?
9.      A fool and his Colin are soon parted
10.   If your mansion house needs haunting just call… Colin
11.  It is enough that the people know there was a(n) Colin. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
12.  Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come to Colin Caesar, not to praise him
13.  Ooh, you are Colin… but I like you!
14.  He who knows how to Colin also knows how to slander
15.  There are some things Colin can’t buy. For everything else there’s American Express.
16.  Got myself a crying, walking, sleeping, Colin, living doll
17.  One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your Colin
18.  I was working as a Colin in a cocktail bar, when I met you
19.  Waiter, there’s a Colin in my soup
20.  Four Colins good, two Colins bad
21.  Colin? Where we’re going we don’t need Colin
22.  Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Colin.
23.  Knock, knock. Whos’s there? Colin. Colin who? Loose elastic makes your knickers fall down
24.  Colins are a girl’s best friend
25.  Do I not like Colin?
26.  Colin is the poor man’s opera
27.  … if God took the trouble to tell us eight hundred times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it—COLIN!
28.  Ich bin ein Colin
29.  Nobody knows where my Colin has gone, but Judy left the same time
30.  Colin, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more

HINTS

Answer Hint
1.      Nice to see you, to see you… Colin. TV – Bruce Forsyth, The Generation Game
2.      A bad Colin always blames his tools Proverb – Old English
3.      What does a pirate say on his 8oth birthday? Aye Colin Joke!
4.      But there’s just one thing. Just one thing. Just one thing that I really want to know: Colin’s that girl? Music – Who’s that Girl, Eurythmics
5.      So it’s goodnight from Colin, and it’s goodnight from him. Goodnight! TV – Two Ronnies sign-off
6.      For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out Colin on the other side Sport – Bill Shankly former manager Liverpool FC
7.      We know their dreams enough to know they dreamed and are Colin Poem – WB Yeats, Easter 1916
8.      Does my Colin look big in this? TV – Arabella Weir, The Fast Show
9.      A fool and his Colin are soon parted Proverb – old English
10.   If your mansion house needs haunting just call… Colin TV – theme tune
11.  It is enough that the people know there was a(n) Colin. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. Politics – Joseph Stalin
12.  Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come to Colin Caesar, not to praise him Play – Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony’s speech, Shakespeare
13.  Ooh, you are Colin… but I like you! TV- Dick Emery, the Dick Emery TV show
14.  He who knows how to Colin also knows how to slander Politics – Napolean Bonaparte
15.  There are some things Colin can’t buy. For everything else there’s American Express. Advert – UK banking
16.  Got myself a crying, walking, sleeping, Colin, living doll Music – Cliff Richard and the Shadows
17.  One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your Colin Politics/philosophy – Plato
18.  I was working as a Colin in a cocktail bar, when I met you Music – Don’t you want me, Human League
19.  Waiter, there’s a Colin in my soup Joke
20.  Four Colins good, two Colins bad Book – Animal Farm, George Orwell
21.  Colin? Where we’re going we don’t need Colin Film – Back to the Future
22.  Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Colin. Advert – UK food
23.  Knock, knock. Whos’s there? Colin. Colin who? Loose elastic makes your knickers fall down joke
24.  Colins are a girl’s best friend Music – Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend, Marilyn Monroe
25.  Do I not like Colin? Sport – Graham Taylor, England football manager
26.  Colin is the poor man’s opera Proverb – old Italian proverb
27.  … if God took the trouble to tell us eight hundred times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it—COLIN! Book – quote from Pollyanna, Eleanor H Porter
28.  Ich bin ein Colin Politics – JF Kennedy on his visit to Berlin
29.  Nobody knows where my Colin has gone, but Judy left the same time Music – It’s My Party, Lesley Gore
30.  Colin, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more Film – The Wizard of Oz

ANSWERS

Answer Hint
1.      Nice to see you, to see you… Colin. Nice TV – Bruce Forsyth, The Generation Game
2.      A bad Colin always blames his tools workman Proverb – Old English
3.      What does a pirate say on his 8oth birthday? Aye Colin matey Joke!
4.      But there’s just one thing. Just one thing. Just one thing that I really want to know: Colin’s that girl? who Music – Who’s that Girl, Eurythmics
5.      So it’s goodnight from Colin, and it’s goodnight from him. Goodnight! Me TV – Two Ronnies sign-off
6.      For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared to run through a brick wall for me then come out Colin on the other side Fighting Sport – Bill Shankly former manager Liverpool FC
7.      We know their dreams enough to know they dreamed and are Colin Dead Poem – WB Yeats, Easter 1916
8.      Does my Colin look big in this? Bum TV – Arabella Weir, The Fast Show
9.      A fool and his Colin are soon parted Money Proverb – old English
10.   If your mansion house needs haunting just call… Colin Rentaghost TV – Rentaghost theme tune
11.  It is enough that the people know there was a(n) Colin. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything. Election Politics – Joseph Stalin
12.  Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears. I come to Colin Caesar, not to praise him bury Play – Julius Caesar, Mark Anthony’s speech, Shakespeare
13.  Ooh, you are Colin… but I like you! Awful TV- Dick Emery, the Dick Emery TV show
14.  He who knows how to Colin also knows how to slander flatter Politics – Napolean Bonaparte
15.  There are some things Colin can’t buy. For everything else there’s American Express. Money Advert – UK banking
16.  Got myself a crying, walking, sleeping, Colin, living doll talking Music – Cliff Richard and the Shadows
17.  One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your Colin Inferiors Politics/philosophy – Plato
18.  I was working as a Colin in a cocktail bar, when I met you Waitress Music – Don’t you want me, Human League
19.  Waiter, there’s a Colin in my soup fly Joke
20.  Four Colins good, two Colins bad leg Book – Animal Farm, George Orwell
21.  Colin? Where we’re going we don’t need Colin Roads Film – Back to the Future
22.  Kids and grown ups love it so, the happy world of Colin. Haribo Advert – UK food
23.  Knock, knock. Whos’s there? Colin. Colin who? Loose elastic makes your knickers fall down Lucy joke
24.  Colins are a girl’s best friend Diamonds Music – Diamonds are a Girl’s Best Friend, Marilyn Monroe
25.  Do I not like Colin? That Sport – Graham Taylor, England football manager
26.  Colin is the poor man’s opera bed Proverb – old Italian proverb
27.  … if God took the trouble to tell us eight hundred times to be glad and rejoice, He must want us to do it—COLIN! SOME Book – quote from Pollyanna, Eleanor H Porter
28.  Ich bin ein Colin Berliner Politics – JF Kennedy on his visit to Berlin
29.  Nobody knows where my Colin has gone, but Judy left the same time Jonny Music – It’s My Party, Lesley Gore
30.  Colin, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas any more Toto Film – The Wizard of Oz

0-8: Phil Collins – not a proper Colin and never really will be. No jacket required!

9-12: Colin Farrell – you’re nearly a bonafide Colin, but your star may be fading. Consider engaging in some more Colinesque activities or (re-)read Bravo Two Zero…

13-16: Colin Jackson (the high hurdler) – you’re a solid Colin, and possess all the attributes of a true Colin. With a little more focus you can become a true champion.

17-20: Colin Firth – you’re the King of the Colins, a giant among men and wear your moniker with deserved pride