Universally Challenged #2 – Poplockdown quiz

Another quiz! This time, identify the pop song from the lyrics, extracted from the context… Hints (scroll down) by decade. For answers, scroll down…

Lyrics Hint (decade) Answer

Song title

Band/Artist

1.       We’re gift-wrapped kitty-cats we’re only turning into tigers when we gotta fight back 2000s  
2.       She could spit in the eyes of fools 1970s  
3.       Now I’m standing back from it I finally see the pattern 2010s  
4.       It might seem like a crush but it doesn’t mean that I’m serious 2000s  
5.       You say your love is bonafide but that don’t coincide with the things that you do 1980s  
6.       My senses have been stripped, my hands can’t feel to grip, my toes too numb to step 1960s  
7.       I was born without a zip on my mouth 2010s  
8.       Some kind of innocence is measured out in years 1960s  
9.       I know you will agree… she always is a friend to you, and she’s a friend to me 1980s  
10.    The ice we skate is getting pretty thin, the water’s getting warm so you might as well swim 2010s  
11.    The next stop that we make will be soon – tell all the folks in Russia and China 1970s  
12.    Rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong 1970s  
13.    I’m a professional cynic but my heart’s not in it 1990s  
14.    We are young, we run green, keep our teeth nice and clean 1990s  
15.    When the clouds come, we gone, we Roc-a-Fella 2000s  
16.    We got two in the front, two in the back, sailing along 2010s  
17.    I’ve used up all my tissues ’cause there’s more serious of issues 1980s  
18.    When you slam the door I think you know that you won’t be away too long 1970s  
19.    You thought you were a clever girl giving up your social whirl but you can’t come back and be the first in line 1960s  
20.    The boy with the cold hard cash is always Mister Right 1980s  
21.    Ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere 1960s  
22.    So shame on me now – flew to places I’d never been 2010s  
23.    Seemed like the real thing only to find mucho mistrust… love’s gone behind 1970s  
24.    So, Sally can wait! 1990s  
25.    We push and pull like a magnet do 2010s  
26.    I know you like me, I know you do, that’s why whenever I come around she’s all over you 2000s  
27.    Gina works the diner all day, working for her man, she brings home her pay for love 1980s  
28.    Every day I look at the world from my window… Jelly jelly’s in evening time 1960s  
29.    They’re piling in the back seat, they’re generating steam heat pulsating to the back beat 1970s  
30.    All those “oh-so-nears” wear you down through the years 1990s  

Scroll down for the answers…

ANSWERS

Lyrics Hint (decade) Answer

Song title

Band/Artist

1.    We’re gift-wrapped kitty-cats we’re only turning into tigers when we gotta fight back 2000s Love Machine Girls Aloud
2.       She could spit in the eyes of fools 1970s Life on Mars David Bowie
3.       Now I’m standing back from it I finally see the pattern 2010s Rules Dua Lipa
4.       It might seem like a crush but it doesn’t mean that I’m serious 2000s Oops! …I Did It Again Brittney Spears
5.       You say your love is bonafide but that don’t coincide with the things that you do 1980s Cruel to be Kind Nicke Lowe
6.       My senses have been stripped, my hands can’t feel to grip, my toes too numb to step 1960s Mr Tambourine Man Bob Dylan
7.       I was born without a zip on my mouth 2010s Woman Like Me Little Mix
8.       Some kind of innocence is measured out in years 1960s Hey Bulldog The Beatles
9.       I know you will agree… she always is a friend to you, and she’s a friend to me 1980s There’s No-one Quite Like Grandma St Winifred’s School Choir
10.    The ice we skate is getting pretty thin, the water’s getting warm so you might as well swim 2010s All Star Smash Mouth
11.    The next stop that we make will be soon – tell all the folks in Russia and China 1970s Love Train The O’Jays
12.    Rama lama lama ka dinga da dinga dong 1970s We Go Together Cast of Grease/John Travolta/Olivia Newton John
13.    I’m a professional cynic but my heart’s not in it 1990s Country House Blur
14.    We are young, we run green, keep our teeth nice and clean 1990s Alright Supergrass
15.    When the clouds come, we gone, we Roc-a-Fella 2000s Umbrella Rihanna
16.    We got two in the front, two in the back, sailing along 2010s Shotgun George Ezra
17.    I’ve used up all my tissues ’cause there’s more serious of issues 1980s Where Are You Baby? Betty Boo
18.    When you slam the door I think you know that you won’t be away too long 1970s Mamma Mia ABBA
19.    You thought you were a clever girl giving up your social whirl but you can’t come back and be the first in line 1960s Out of Time The Rolling Stones
20.    The boy with the cold hard cash is always Mister Right 1980s Material Girl Madonna
21.    Ice cream castles in the air and feather canyons everywhere 1960s Both Sides Now Jodi Mitchell
22.    So shame on me now – flew to places I’d never been 2010s I Knew You Were Trouble Taylor Swift
23.    Seemed like the real thing only to find mucho mistrust… love’s gone behind 1970s Heart of Glass Blondie
24.    So, Sally can wait! 1990s Don’t Look Back in Anger Oasis
25.    We push and pull like a magnet do 2010s Shape of You Ed Sheeran
26.    I know you like me, I know you do, that’s why whenever I come around she’s all over you 2000s Don’t Cha The Pussycat Dolls
27.    Gina works the diner all day, working for her man, she brings home her pay for love 1980s Living on a Prayer Bon Jovi
28.    Every day I look at the world from my window… Jelly jelly’s in evening time 1960s Waterloo Sunset The Kinks
29.    They’re piling in the back seat, they’re generating steam heat pulsating to the back beat 1970s Blitzkrieg Bop The Ramones
30.    All those “oh-so-nears” wear you down through the years 1990s Three Lions David Baddiel/Frank Skinner