Keen to see your big idea making a change in London? The Mayor’s Entrepreneur is an annual competition for students at universities in London to bring your smart idea to life.
Winners of the competition will receive £20k and expert support and advice from City Hall to bring their idea to fruition and be crowned the 2018 Mayor’s Entrepreneur.
Previous winning ideas from the Mayor’s Entrepreneur competition include Twipes – an environmentally-friendly toilet wipe, Too good to go – an app and online platform helping eliminate edible food waste within the hospitality sector and Solarbox – an initiative to re-purpose disused red telephone boxes to create free to use mobile phone charging stations using carbon neutral solar panels, providing a solution to the everyday problem of poor battery life on modern phones.
Aside from the competition, the Mayor’s office are running three free workshops at City Hall. By attending one students will:
- Learn tools to help you come up with business ideas
- Hear from past winners and finalists about their entrepreneurial experience
- Find out how to apply to the competition and what the judges are looking for
- Get feedback on your business idea from competition staff
- Meet like-minded students from across London and maybe find your ideal business partner
The competition is running until 18 February 2018, and further details of the competition and the workshops can be found on the Mayor’s website.