Professor Anand Menon has published on Brexit and chaired a conference: He has
- Launched his book (with Geoff Evans) Brexit and British politics this week. There was a book launch with the authors and Adam Boulton (Sky), Heather Stewart (The Guardian) and Peter Foster (The Telegraph) chaired by Tim Bale.
- Written: ‘For Britain, the worst of Brexit talks is yet to come’ in Politico
- At our Brexit and Trade Conference Anand chaired the Keynote with the Foreign Office’s Theo Rycroft
- Co-written Post-Brexit law enforcement cooperation: negotiations and future options. It received widespread media coverage including: Sun, Independent, Huffington Post and The National
- Written ‘The Brexit psychodrama is going exactly as expected’ for CNN
Dr Isabelle Hertner attended the Annual Research Workshop of the PSA German Politics Specialist Group at the University of Birmingham. She spoke about the political and economic implications of the rise of the Alternative für Deutschland.
Dr Emmy Eklundh was a speaker in an event by LSE’s Forum for European Philosophy entitled “The Politics of Mental Health”. You can listen to the entire talk here.
Dr Kseniya Oksamytna has published an article ‘Policy Entrepreneurship by International Bureaucracies: The Evolution of Public Information in UN Peacekeeping‘ in International Peacekeeping.
Dr Russell Foster was interviewed by al-Jazeera on the emergence of white nationalism and white supremacy in European countries, particularly among youth.
He was also in Brussels and Mons, with military and civilian specialists from NATO and Supreme Headquarters Allied Powers Europe, speaking as part of a two-day joint conference on the signing of a defence agreement between 23 EU states and how that will impact relations between NATO and the EU.
Dr James Wood has been appointed as a co-convener of the Political Studies Association’s British and Comparative Political Economy Specialist Group?