Congratulations on receiving an offer to study dentistry at King’s, so what’s next?
You’ve probably attended an Open Day and had a chance to tour the campus, now we’d like to bring you a little closer to experiencing life as a dental student at King’s College London.
A great way to learn more about King’s, and what makes us stand out, will be to attend our Offer Holder Day on Wednesday 10th April 2019. This event is different to an Open Day in that it is exlusive to you, our offer holders. Some highlights of the event will include:
- Learning more about dentistry at King’s and what to expect from our Director of Admissions, Dr Jonathan Turner
- Hearing about the various extra-curricular activites you can get involved with at King’s from a fifth year student
- Exploring King’s Residences with our accommodation team. You will also have an opportunity to tour one of our nearby residences
- Getting stuck in with hands-on taster activities
- Opportunities to chat to current dental students from various years
- Meeting other offer holders, often people who will become your lifelong friends
My suggestions to help you make the most of the event:
1. Jot down some questions which you’d like to ask our students and staff. You may have several dental schools to choose from, so please do feel free to ask us any questions you may have – there’s never a silly question! You’ll have plenty of opportunities to ask questions throughout the day.
2. Participate in the hands-on activities. These are entirely optional but they are a great way for you to sample the learning environment at King’s.
3. In your spare time, some activities you may wish to do when visiting London include indulging in Borough Market, step aboard The Golden Hinde, look at the historic Southwark Cathedral, try The London Bridge Experience, visit the Tate Modern or immerse yourself in Shakespeare’s Globe. These are some great attractions which I looked at when I came to my Offer Holder Day and Open Day – particularly if you’re travelling from afar!