Hodgkin 1Hello and welcome to the King’s College London Dentistry Student Blog!

My name is Joelle, I’m a student at King’s currently coming to the end of third year. I study Dentistr and I am on the graduate course as I previously completed at degree in Medical Science at Exeter University.

This blog will keep you posted about what it is like to study dentistry at King’s and give you an insight into the life of a dental student. I’ll also be letting you know what it’s like being a student in London and some of the different opportunities I choose to get involved with.

Having studied at King’s now for almost two years, here are two of the things I enjoy the most:

1. Being in London – Having moved up here from Devon it’s taken awhile to adjust but I love living in London. There is always so much to do with events, places to visit and tourist hot spots. It is more expensive than other areas in the UK in terms of living costs but it makes up for it in the endless opportunities available.
  2. The King’s Community – Ever since starting at King’s I’ve been made to feel welcome with introduction talks in the dental course and socials to get to know other students. There is always events taking place on campus especially during exam season which is a welcome distraction. Last term we had puppies on campus which was the perfect distraction from revision.

I will look forward to checking in with you all soon and letting you know what is going on here at King’s Dental Institute. I’ll also be posting some top tips to help you to prepare for life here at King’s so stay tuned.

Joelle