Got an idea you would like to develop, but you’re not quite sure where to start? Have a look at King’s very own accelerator program – King’s20! The King’s Entrepreneurship Institute is keen to support you in making your idea into reality.
Click here for some stories of examples of previous ventures built, such as an app for GPs to diagnose early-stage cancer.
King’s20 provides a unique opportunity for any student, staff or alumni (of up to 7 years) to get 12 months free mentorship and support worth £30,000 to turn an idea into reality. No idea is too unique and we’re looking for a diverse range of projects.
How does the accelerator work?
The King’s20 accelerator is a year-long programme running from October 2018 to September 2019 aimed at supporting the 20 brightest ventures from within King’s to reach their potential. You’ll get the equivalent of £60,000 worth of support, which includes:
– Office space for up to 6 team members in our beautiful new coworking space in Bush House, 30 Aldwych
– Weekly coaching from Experts in Residence
– Workshops covering subjects such as Customer Segmentation, Financial Modelling, Startup Law, Sales, Digital Marketing, Design and Public Speaking
– The opportunity to pitch for Scholarship prizes totaling £100,000
– Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
– Expertise from organisations including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services and Founders Factory
– Support in building leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. E.g. Training from the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom.
If you have any questions you can book an appointment with the Entrepreneurship Institute at Bush House – they can help you with your application. Find contact details on this website.
Best of luck with your applications!