The King’s Wellbeing team will be touring every King’s campus over the last two weeks of January to run a combination of outreach events, activities and workshops designed to help students feel good, celebrate their achievements and set goals for 2017.
As the name suggests the whole campaign is around ensuring your Winter Wellbeing, with the key messages being:
- Reducing your risk to colds/flu
- Staying Active
- Eating your 5 a day
- Overcoming Winter Blues
- Promoting our Student Support Services available
Promotion of these messages will take place at Take Time Out locations on campus, with hub spaces featuring:
- Give-aways including free hand gel, tissues and lip balms, designed to encourage good habits and hygiene, and keep colds and flu at bay whilst studying/researching.
- Themed wellbeing areas that include smoothie-bikes and SAD lamps at the Guy’s and Strand campuses, reinforcing healthy eating and activity during winter months.
- Free ‘in chair’ massage stands during the final two days of the campaign.
- Information points with bite size printed health & wellbeing flyers and support service signposting.
- A selection of tickets to Sommerset House ice skating sessions.
- BeActive promotion with activities such as table tennis, Wii fit, and free trial membership passes, designed to promote activity and regular recreational social sport.
- Redeemable coupons for free vegetable soup from King’s Food
The campaign will run concurrently at the Strand, Guy’s, Waterloo and Denmark Hill Campuses so please keep your eye out for it! While the campaign is predominantly student focussed we are more than happy for staff to come and say hello and to ensure they look after their wellbeing too!