For researchers who will become Graduate Teaching Assistants in the Autumn, there are Preparing to Teach courses available in June and September.
The course addresses a range of introductory topics to develop your teaching skills, including:
- Evaluating effective teaching techniques
- How to plan a teaching session
- Dealing with difficult situations
- Principles of assessment and feedback
- Applying for Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy
For dates and booking information, go to www.kcl.ac.uk/study/learningteaching/kli/prodev/prepteach.aspx.
For experienced GTAs:
If you have a year’s experience you may like to consider applying for Associate Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy. See www.kcl.ac.uk/study/learningteaching/kli/TRaK/Introduction.aspx for more information.
Please also consider whether you could contribute to our Preparing to Teach workshops by answering questions from new GTAs. We welcome applications from all faculties: see https://keats.kcl.ac.uk/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=114455.