What is the PRES?
PRES stands for Postgraduate Research Experience Survey and is designed to get your feedback on what it’s like to be a PhD student or Postgraduate Researcher at King’s.
Filling out the PRES allows you to tell us what you think. And your feedback allows us to improve things in response!
Why fill out the PRES? 5 Key Reasons
1. This is your chance to get your your voice heard!
If you have ever had an opinion, idea, or complaint about life as a PG Researcher, you’ll also know that it’s not always easy to get somebody to listen. This survey is an opportunity to send us detailed and extensive feedback about your experience as a researcher at King’s.
2. You may not get another opportunity.
The PRES survey is carried out by the Higher Education Academy every two years. That means by the time the next one comes around you could be almost finished your course – or be already graduated. The deadline to fill out the current, 2017 PRES is the 18th May. Take the opportunity now to send us your feedback now, while you still can!
3. The survey isn’t just quantitative, it’s qualitative too.
In other words, we don’t just get you to rate things from 1-10, but we also ask you for your detailed thoughts on what works well and what doesn’t. We really do read your comments as well – they are key to gaining qualitative feedback on the researcher experience at King’s.
4. The results of the PRES can improve PGR experiences across the UK.
The feedback we receive through the PRES doesn’t just help us target what needs to be improved at King’s for PG Researchers. The results go towards constructing a comprehensive, national picture of the postgraduate experience. This can go on to influence policy makers at the highest levels.
5. PRES Feedback really does help us improve things.
Giving us your feedback gets results! In response to the 2015 PRES, we have:
- created extra study and research space for PG Researchers, including dedicated writing-up spaces as well as Graduate Lounges across London;
- supported and facilitated the creation of the King’s Doctoral Students Association (KDSA), which brings together student representatives from each Faculty;
- launched a new website – www.kcldo1thing.com – to make it easier for researchers to find activities of interest;
- expanded the series of Careers Spotlights and Professional Futures events, which are a window into different career sectors, facilitate networking and enable direct contact with employers and KCL alumni.
So if you want to make your voice heard, give us your feedback on the Postgraduate Researcher experience, and help us improve things for you and others — check your email inbox and fill out the PRES today.