Looking to enhance your CV? Are you a recent PhD graduate completing a postdoc? Perhaps you are further into your career?
The Royal Veterinary College is looking for panellists to take part in a careers event it is running for its PhD students. The event aims to showcase some of the possible career options and will consist of two panel discussions; one of which will focus on roles within academia.
It could be a great development opportunity for your CV!
The event takes place on Tuesday 12th July at the Royal Veterinary College’s Camden campus, from 3pm.
We are looking for people who have themselves completed a PhD in the Biosciences field and are happy to talk about their careers. They could be just starting out on their career path, or have completed a couple of postdocs, or be further along their career path – all experience counts.
A bit more detail about what we hope panellists might cover over the course of the discussion:
* A little about their background, why they embarked on their degree/ PhD in the Biosciences
* What motivated them to follow their current career path, a typical day in their workplace etc.
* How they made themselves more ‘attractive’ to future employers
* How they have utilized the skills they acquired in their degree/PhD in their subsequent careers
* A description of a typical day in their place of work
If you are interested in taking part or would like further information, please contact Kirsty Whitelock, Careers Consultant at RVC, via email@example.com.