What is the King’s20 accelerator?
The King’s20 accelerator is a year-long accelerator programme set up by the Entrepreneurship Instituted aimed at supporting the 20 brightest ventures from King’s to reach their potential.
Ventures can be at any stage of their development and the accelerator is open to all King’s students, staff and alumni (of up to 7 years).
The 2017-2018 programme runs from 3rd October 2017 to 29th September 2018.
Application is open 17 April – 17 June 2017.
Who is currently on the accelerator?
What’s in it for me?
Do you want to launch your own venture or start-up? Do you have an idea that you think will make it? Are you looking for some extra support to make it happen?
You’ll receive an estimated £30,000 support which includes:
– Office space for up to 6 team members in the beautiful new Entrepreneurship co-working space in Bush House, 30 Aldwych
– Weekly coaching from 6 Experts in Residence
– Workshops covering subjects such as Customer Segmentation, Financial Modelling, Startup Law, Sales, Digital Marketing, Design and Public Speaking
– The opportunity to pitch for Scholarship prizes totaling £100,000
– Access to our network of investors, mentors and partners
– Expertise from organisations including Microsoft, Amazon Web Services and Founders Factory
– Support in building leadership, resilience skills and an entrepreneurial mindset. In 2016-2017 we took part in training from the Defence Academy of the United Kingdom.
What do you expect from me?
You can be part of the accelerator part-time or full time (minimum half a day a week + 8 events across the year). We ask that you are committed to making the most of the programme and making your idea happen. This means you are committed to:
- Participation in the programme, all of which is tailor-made
- Presence in the accelerator space at least on a weekly basis. N.B. The accelerator is open 7 days a week. Attendance is flexible allowing for lectures, clinics etc.
- Behaviour appropriate for King’s and for a co-working environment
- A desire to scale your venture, with our support
- Having a great time! The programme is all about your personal learning journey and growth – and we want to have as much fun as possible along the way!
What do I have to give in return?
The King’s20 accelerator is a completely free package, unlike other accelerators we will not ask you for any equity or revenue share contribution.
As part of the accelerator programme we will not:
- Take any shares or equity from your venture
- Charge you any fees
- Claim any ownership in your idea or IP.