This is an exciting opportunity to enhance your career experience by providing pastoral care for students while gaining team management experience, with accommodation fully paid for.
Who can apply?
- Any post graduate student enrolled for the full academic year of 2015/2016 at King’s.
- Any King’s academic/non-academic full time staff.
What does it involve?
In this volunteer role within Student Residences, Wardens and Assistant Wardens provide an on-call point of contact for the pastoral care and welfare needs of students living in residences, linking into the university’s Student Services. Supervising/assisting 5-10 Residence Life Assistants is also a key part of the role.
While fulfilling their normal university roles or post-graduate study, Wardens are on call for ad-hoc emergency assistance to students, working along with the Student Residences Management Team.
Wardens must be interested in students, empathetic with the kinds of stresses that students may face, approachable, non-judgemental and able to respect confidences.
What are the benefits?
Wardens and assistant wardens will be required to live at an allocated Residence and will receive shared accommodation with no rent, utility, and Council Tax or internet bills.
Wardens/assistant wardens are given full training including:
- Introduction to the range of student support services provided by King’s: personal tutors, Counselling, Student Centre, and Student Union, and how/when to interact with them
- Health and safety information, including fire marshal and first aid training
- Mental health awareness and first aid
- An introduction to basic counselling skills
How to apply?
If you would like to apply for this role please email an up to date CV and a cover letter explaining why you would like to be considered for the role and why you think you will be a suitable candidate. Please use this reference: ‘VOL/RES/000/15-ED’ in all correspondence regarding this post.
Applicants are to send this via email to the Student Residences Operations Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
The deadline for applications is 7th June 2015. If you are successful you will be informed of interview dates and times that will commence in June/July 2015 at one of the King’s campuses.