We are the Postgraduate & Graduate School Support Team and now that we’ve hit the time of year when many of you are in the process of applying for further study, or funding for the 2015/16 academic year, we thought this might be a good opportunity to introduce ourselves to those of you who haven’t met us already.
Our primary focus is to manage and deliver College-level support for initiatives for the postgraduate community at King’s. Our key roles include:
- Support for postgraduate student experience: organising induction events for research students, offering advice and guidance, resources like the Conference Fund or facilities such as the Graduate Lounges. We promote Graduate School activities, events or training around the College and postgraduate study through mediums such as this newsletter or our blog andtwitter feeds and we also help to represent the Graduate School and inform postgraduates both internally and externally at open evenings.
- Postgraduate funding: as well as overseeing the management/administration of internally and externally funded schemes, research council studentships & doctoral training centres, we are always on hand to provide advice and guidance on PG funding to both students and staff (so get in touch!)
- PGR business processes systems & developments: we develop and define business processes and internal systems to facilitate the management of postgraduate research students
- Governance and regulatory matters: we sit on relevant College committees, and work to develop, implement and monitor policy, ensuring that PG needs are factored into College policy
- Support for PG projects and innovation: we implement initiatives to support your studies at King’s as identified by the Director of the Graduate School, Vice-Principals, and other Colleagues around the College.
To put it simply… Our goal is to provide support for, and encourage, the best possible postgraduate student experience and to ensure that all students fulfil their full potential while at King’s.
Our team is made up of the following:
|Jennie Eldridge||Head of Postgraduate Policy & Operation|
|Dónal Caviston||Graduate School Administrator (Studentships & Communications)|
|Duncan Smith||Graduate School Administrator (Studentships & Quality Assurance)|
|Ben Diette||Graduate School Assistant|
|Kelly Allwright||Graduate School Administrator (Joint PhDs)|
|Clare Best||Senior Financial Administrator|
If you have any general enquiries related to funding or postgraduate study, please contact the Graduate School via firstname.lastname@example.org or call Dónal on 020 7848 4146.
Contact information and responsibilities of different members of our team, as well as our colleagues in the Graduate School, are available on our Who’s who page.
Finally, from all of us here at the Graduate School, we hope you have a wonderful Christmas holiday and a very happy new year!