Cumberland Lodge is offering current doctoral students from any discipline, studying at universities in the UK, the opportunity to win a 2-year scholarship, designed to fit around your studies.
Six awards will be available each year and applications are now invited for the first group of scholars to start in September 2014.
This unique opportunity will offer you the chance to develop skills in communication, public engagement, and interdisciplinary collaboration.
The benefits you could gain from this opportunity include:
- mentoring in intellectual leadership
- involvement in cross-disciplinary debates on important social and ethical issues
- training in communication and public engagement
- networking opportunities with senior academics and people in public life
- a personal development grant of up to £300
- free food, accommodation and travel while staying at Cumberland Lodge
What the Scholarship involves:
- An annual weekend retreat
- participating in two conferences per year
- collaborating with another scholar to design and give a joint public presentation based on the key findings of a conference
- acting as a rapporteur for one conference
- attending the Annual Lecture and dinner
- writing a short article
- acting as an ambassador for Cumberland Lodge
Scholars are required to commit to six days plus two evening engagements per year, plus reading and preparation time.
If you are interested and would like more details on how to apply, please visit: http://www.cumberlandlodge.ac.uk/Scholarships
The closing date for applications is 3rd April 2014. Shortlisted candidates will be notified by 2 May and interviewed by Skype on 9 May 2014.
For any queries, please get in touch with email@example.com.