NHS Scientist Training Programme: applications are live

**The deadline for this post is passed, but this may help you identify employers, job titles or skills you need to research your next posting**

Info from another careers adviser:

‘I have just ascertained that the STP (Scientist Training Programme in the NHS) vacancies have just gone live and can be accessed via www.nhscareers.nhs.uk/hcstp  and the vacancies will also be advertised in the New Scientist tomorrow.  The above link will be mentioned in the New Scientist advertisement. Applicants must look at the link which will take readers to the Scientist Training Programme pages on NHS Careers for further information including the updated FAQs, which are excellent and include one about completing the application form. The link includes details of the posts available and a generic job description and person specification. Applicants should tailor their application to their area of interest. These pages also contain a link to the application website. Again, the application should only be begun once applicants have read the material on the NHS Careers link as above.

I am pleased to say that there will be significant increase in the number of vacancies available. The closing date is 10am on 1 Feb 2013.

The graduate management scheme on Facebook  https://www.facebook.com/nhsgraduatescheme/events lists the open days at trusts, which ideally, students should visit before making an application. These are taking place NOW. For example on Monday in Newcastle, on Wednesday in Bristol.

I understand the selection process will not have changed much from previous intakes.’

Please do let us help you with any applications!

2 thoughts on “NHS Scientist Training Programme: applications are live

1. I wish to apply for the stp entry 2014 and there is nothing about it on the nhs website. It only informs me about the 2013 entry and what is required etc I need more info.