Your careers consultant: five ways to use me

1) Are you wondering what you might do when your current research post comes to an end?  Perhaps you’d like some help deciding what the next best step could be.  I can act as a neutral sounding board for your ideas and help you to source inspiration and contacts for your next move.

2) Does your CV still date from your undergraduate days?  Have you figured out how to explain your research to a non-expert audience?  Come to a CV writing workshop on the Researcher Development Programme, and by all means use me to give you feedback on CVs, personal statements, application forms or covering letters.

3) Feel that your interview technique might be a little rusty?  Again, the RDP can help.  Or, you could book a practice interview with me to give you an employer’s eye view of your performance.

4) When was the last time you met a real live employer (excluding your academic colleagues!)?  Look out for our ‘Spotlight’ series next term or check out the careers events page on the KCL website.

5) Can’t come in?  No worries.  Keep reading the KCL Graduate School blog for regular updates on vacancies, conferences and careers information: take a look through the archives for lots of other topics.  Plus we could talk over Skype or just over the phone.  I’m working on a series of webinars for next term too.

To make an appointment, for the time being, please email careers@kcl.ac.uk.  I see researchers on Monday and Tuesday afternoons, at Strand, and can come to Guy’s on a Friday.  Please include your phone number and email address in your email.

Looking forward to hearing from you!