2019 Bioethics & Society Alumni Series – Featuring James Aluri, class of 2016

ALURI_jamesWe continue celebrating our amazing alumni to mark the 5 years of the Bioethics & Society programme.

James Aluri, graduate of Bioethics & Society (class of 2016), currently a first year resident in the Johns Hopkins Hospital Psychiatry Residency Program, says about the Bioethics & Society:

The Master’s in Bioethics & Society provided an enriching component to my education as a physician. In the course, we discussed foundational questions such as “What is health?”, “What is disease?”, and “What is morality?”. The program gave me a critical lens through which to view the institutions, policies, and practice of medicine. This course has helped me develop a network of bioethicists, familiarize myself with the literature, develop a set of professional interests, shape the way I think about ethics, garner useful expertise in research methods that I have used in future projects, and build many friendships. When I decided to look for programs in bioethics, I was looking for a program that would provide an intellectually fulfilling experience, while also substantively shaping my professional trajectory–the Masters in Bioethics & Society went above and beyond fulfilling those expectations. Looking back on my nine years of post-secondary education, there is no doubt that this was the single most enjoyable and impactful year–an experience I would highly recommend”.

James was the recipient of a prestigious Wellcome Trust Master’s studentships in Humanities and Social Sciences. Upon completion of the Bioethics & Society programme, James worked a Research Associate at the Presidential Commission for the Study on Bioethical Issues for a year before returning to medical school at Johns Hopkins University . You can read more about James’ work at the Presidential Commission here.

Join the conversation

17 Comments

1. Spolka to pomyslowy wynalazek, zwykle sklada sie jak kubistyczny obrazek, dla zapewnienia sobie indywidualnych zyskow i unikniecia odpowiedzialnosci, przez co urzad skarbowy ogarnia furia zlosci… 🙂 jAK NIE PLACIC Podatkow ? look this >> Raje Podatkowe Warto!

2. I have been meaning to write something like this on my site and you have given me an idea. Cheers.

3. Anybody who employs Shakeology? Im considering of working it, as well as I i has wondering if this a on those people just add water shakes? I recognise which people can get most fancy and also blend it, but I need something positive quick being The mornings by use of my thing To college a lot went its something I can only mix by water as well as proceed, I will as believe invest on it!! as well as long as buyersre as things are, Heres how are you like this this? may buyers advocate me taking this into The morning time, a warm or hot environment my breakfast replacement? Thank end users