We are launching a competition for students to design a logo to brand the department’s student newsletter, ‘Jet Stream’.
What is Jet Stream?
Jet Stream is the student newsletter for the Department of Geography. It is put together by the Student Engagement Officer. The newsletter compiles co-curricular and extra-curricular activities, events and opportunities in the department and wider university for the department’s undergraduate, postgraduate taught and postgraduate research students.
We want to give the newsletter a unique identity by branding it with a logo. The logo will feature on the newsletter banners, where applicable.
We are not prescriptive with how you choose to design the logo however though you should consider the points below.
Things to think about
- A definition of a ‘jet stream’ according to Wikipedia is: fast flowing, narrow, meandering air currents in the atmospheres of some planets, including Earth. On Earth, the main jet streams are located near the altitude of the tropopause and are westerly winds.
- The main newsletter header “Welcome to Jet Stream…” colour hex code: #006600
- You can include text on the logo e.g. “Jet Stream” but you don’t have to.
- You cannot use the official King’s College London logo or artwork.
- You cannot use unlicensed art or stock images.
- Logo submissions should be sent as a “.png” file type.
- 1:1 ratio at least 1000x1000px or 1080px x 1080px.
- A brief explanation on your logo design would be helpful.
- Open to all King’s geography students.
- Submit your logo by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
A panel will shortlist the top 3 entries and then we’ll put them to a public vote to select one winner.
The winner and the runner up will win *very good* prizes.
The competition closes Friday 18 March 2022 at 12pm GMT and the winning logo and winner will feature in the newsletter on Wednesday 6 April 2022.