We’re delighted to announce that the Department of Digital Humanities is seeking to appoint five members of academic staff to contribute to its developing profile of teaching and research.
The posts, which include three Academic Education Pathway (AEP) Lectureships and two Education and Research (E&R) Lectureships, range from marketing and communication, to digital economy and media, to computation and programming in the Digital Humanities.
For full details and more about how to apply, see the following links:
- Lecturer in Digital Culture, Society and Economy Education: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/011684/Lecturer-in-Digital-Culture-Society-and-Economy-Education
- Lecturer in Social and Cultural Informatics: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/011664/Lecturer-in-Social-and-Cultural-Informatics
- Lecturer in Digital Humanities and Cultural Computation: https://jobs.kcl.ac.uk/gb/en/job/011665/Lecturer-in-Digital-Humanities-and-Cultural-Computation
- Lecturer in Digital Content Management Education:
- Lecturer in Digital Marketing and Communication Education:
King’s College London has a long tradition of research in the digital humanities, going back to the early 1970s. Building on the department’s expertise in digital information management, digital research methods and humanities computing from the early 1990s, it has grown to become a world leader in research in digital humanities, culture and society. Following several hiring rounds in the past few years, the department has a diverse community of scholars, undergraduates and graduate students exploring the role of digital technology in society from a humanities perspective, informed by a variety of different fields. This includes an Msc in Digital Economy, MA Programmes in Digital Asset and Media Management, Big Data in Culture & Society, Digital Culture & Society, as well as our BA in Digital Culture and an MA/PhD research degrees in Digital Humanities. These roles will join at an exciting time for the department and will help to shape its future direction and activities.