The Respect Phoneline and Drive Project based in the UK have launched a webchat and email support for professionals working with perpetrators of domestic abuse who are using high levels of harm, deemed high-risk, or who have been assessed as having complex needs.
Professionals are able to speak to an expert or receive email support at these times:
|Monday||10 – 12||2 – 4|
|Wednesday||10 – 12||2 – 4|
|Thursday||10 – 12||2 – 4|
They can email at firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the below websites during opening hours and click the Launch Webchat icon (please note the icon will show as unavailable outside of hours).
The types of questions may be related to:
- Get some expert advice on working with perpetrators to keep child and adult victims safer.
- Explore safe engagement strategies for working with a client.
- Explore how to implement meaningful interventions for perpetrators which also keep others safe and explore ways to address challenges or gaps staff may have identified within plans.
- Identify any available ‘disruption’ measures.
- Identify additional specialist support that may be required.
- Have a recorded case consultation with a DA (domestic abuse) expert advisor. Professionals can opt to be sent a transcript after the conversation.