MSc Student Profile: Henry Symons

Henry Symons grew up in Berkeley, California and attended the University of California, Santa Cruz for university where he studied Environmental Studies and Politics. After graduating with his bachelor’s, Henry worked in the environmental non-profit sector for groups like the Sierra Club and League of Conservation Voters. More recently, he managed a grant making program for Credo Mobile, a cell phone company funding progressive political causes.

Henry

Asked about his experiences with the MSc Water: Science and Governance programme, Henry told us:

“I selected King’s College London for Graduate School because I wanted an interdisciplinary degree that looked at water from many academic disciplines. King’s Water’s one year MSc was also very appealing to me since I’ve been working for five years and wanted to spend as short a time as possible out of the workforce.

“I love David Demeritt’s Environmental Science and Policymaking class. The class looks at the relationship between science and policy making and how science can best be communicated to policy makers. I hope to work on water policy in the future, so thinking about how I can work best with scientists is very useful.

“I hope to work in the water sector back home in California. I’m specifically interested in working for a utility or a regulatory agency to help them prepare for a changing water supply due to Climate Change.”

Henry’s three water words:

Complicated

Vital

Political

Henry invites you to connect with him on Twitter (@HBMSymons), LinkedIn, and via his website (henrysymons.com).

For more about study opportunities with King’s Water, check out our website. To keep up to date, follow us on Twitter!